My journey in mobile photography started with the Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. The camera is fairly average and nothing special but with some add-ons and improvements, I pushed the camera to its limits. As an extra post for World Photography Day, below is some gear that really helped in the mobile photography and can be bought from Amazon for under $50.
- Bully Eyes Photo Camera lens Attachment:
These two lenses were the very first mobile lenses that I purchased. The wide angle lens was okay but what I really loved about this set was the macro lens. Before buying this, I had no experience whatsoever in macrophotography and after using this for a few months I loved macrophotography more than ever. The wide angle lens is not very good however and you shouldn’t buy this set of lenses for wide angle shots.
Here is a sample photo using the macro lens:
2. ShutterMoon Professional Lenses:
These are lenses from the ShutterMoon 5 in 1 lens pack. Although cheaper, I find they can outperform the BullyEye Lenses in image quality. At the time of purchase, the 11 in 1 pack was not available but was added to their selection. I will purchase those and do a separate review later on.
The five lenses in this pack are phenomenal quality for the price. I am still mainly using the macro lens but I have used the CPU lens a ton as well and it can really help when a subject has shadows or reflections that need to be eliminated. I still find that the 0.63x Wide angle is giving some distortions just as the BullyEye lens had so that is good to keep in mind for lenses in this price range.
3. Emart 60 LED Continuous Portable Photography Lighting
Although this is not a product specifically for Mobile Photography, they can be used when doing it and are extremely useful! These Lights have been extremely useful for this blog and the photos on it. All the photos of the lenses up above were taken using these lights. They are perfect if you are trying to work with difficult subjects (Like reflective lenses) and need time to adjust the lighting and eliminate reflections. This is by far the most useful piece of equipment on this list and my favorite. Note, the lights can warm up despite being LED lights but it isn’t that expensive so that makes up for it.
How Have I been able to get the best results possible out of this smartphone camera?
- Always use a grid when using taking photos if it is available.
- Try out camera apps that can give you more flexibility.
- A photo with perfect light can come out excellent on a phone and look like a shot from a dslr.
- Do not zoom in when using a mobile phone. Only zoom in if your phone has high resolution zoom other wise quality in your photos will be lost.
- Try out smartphone camera accessories, specifically lenses, like the ones above if you want to more with your camera.
- Stay motivated! Even if you don’t get any photos that you are happy with, keep trying!
- For more tips on mobile photography click here!
Please let me know if you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. I would love to know what you think of these tools and if you do purchase the 11 in 1 Shuttermoon lenses before I do, please let me know how they are! Thank you for reading!
-Digital Wonders & Smiles
Thank you so much!! ❤️❤️❤️
Really enjoyed seeing these photographs! Absolutely breathtaking. ❤️
Thank you so much!!
….yes, you really capture natures beauty.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! ❤️❤️❤️